Monday, May 19, 2008

bienvenidos, panama project.


Well here they are folks, the crazy Canadian students that have given up a good chunk of their summer to see Gods hand at work on the campuses here. These 14 Students + 5 Full time Canadian Staff + 6 Stinters = a great mix of people really passionate about encouraging students to make long lasting changes in Panama. Thus far, the students were split into 3 groups and have been working on 4 different Campuses, Interamericana, 2 Universidades de Panamá (one in Santiago and one in Panama City) and the Universidad Tecnológica de Panamá. These students have already made an amazing impact in the lives of many students. Especially on small campuses like Interamericana, you bump into people time and time again that have been impacted by spiritual conversations, and decisions made to live for Christ. A quote taken from an information sheet given to Canadians students signing up for project states:

The ministry in Latin America is at a critical stage of renewal; a new generation of staff and student leaders are being raised up. This next generation has a vision to reach their country and be a catalyst to impacting all of Central and South America with the life transforming gospel of Jesus Christ.
What has been amazing for me to witness is just the amazing joy and drive these students from Canada have. Day after day, I see God's hand at work through their faithfulness to Him. It is a wonderful thing for me to see things accomplished that our STINT team just wouldn't have been able to pull of because we're only 6. There have already been 56 decisions made by students to follow Christ with their lives. I am working alongside the different teams here, discipling two amazing girls and continuing to equip students leaders to take on whatever it is God is calling them do. I feel unexplainable joy and completely fulfilled. This is only because of the amazing God that I serve. He gives me the strength and passion I need to live for him and to help others along in the amazing adventure that is following Christ. Jesus, after talking about the relationship God wants to have with us, says in John 15:11, "These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full." Today I have experienced God's words from the bible, living and active inside of me. JOY! I'm full of it! May you receive God's truth and joy today.

3 comments:

Erin said...

AHHH! I know half that team!! How cool is that! It's soo good to see them there! Manda and I were talking about you last night, we can't wait for you to come home in a few weeks! Give my love and hello's to the TO people!

Love you and miss you!

Anonymous said...

hm. love this text ))

Anonymous said...

я так считаю: неподражаемо!! а82ч